Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tonight We Enlarge....


This week I traveled to the funeral of a dear mother of the church...

Evangelist Victor Alba travelled with me to drive....

On the way back he put in an Anthony Mangun sermon in which Bro Mangun mentioned his father preaching through the tablernacle...

A comment about the brazen altar woke me up and has held me at attention for the week...

Of late I have been pressed to rebuild, repair, make larger the altars in my life...

The comment which captured me was this...

All of the furniture of the tabernacle could fit into the brazen altar...

I drug out my Search for Truth bible study to remind myself some things...

The first stop in the Tabernacle was the altar of repentance and sacrifice...

The second the brazen laver or place of washing...

Upon entering the tent one would fist see the candlestick which was fueled by oil(the spirit) and created light...

The shewbread was directly in front of the door and was for the sustenance of the priesthood...

To the right would be found altar of incense to send the sweet aroma of prayer and worship up to HIM...

Beyond veil in the Holy of Holies was both mercy and glory....

My arrested attention became captured with the simple thought from Elder Mangun....

If all the furniture of the tabernacle could fit inside the brazen altar...

If I want more washing....

If I want more light and oil of the spirit...

If I want more sustenance...

If I want more prayer and worship....

If I want more mercy....

If I want more glory....

Then I had better build a bigger altar in my life....

For the larger the altar...

The more cleansing, light, sustenance, worship, mercy and glory I will be able to handle....

Tonight at CUPC we will not worry about cleansing or light or sustenance or worship or mercy or glory...

We will spend time in the altar endeavoring to expend our altar so all the good stuff can fit in our personal consecrations and devotions to HIM....

God Bless....

rks

1 comment:

Karla said...

We were in Alexandria when Bro. Mangun preached this message at BOTT. It was incredible!! The same statement about the size of the altar caught my attention, also. Awesome message!