Thursday, March 13, 2008

T minus 2 and Counting





Saturday we host a block party in the Martin Luther King park in the heart of Conroe...

This particular area is the worst in our community...

We have been working and planning this for months....

Tracie and I are in the neighborhood several times a week....

CUPC has joined us in prayer and fasting and giving to the project....

Pictured above are about 70 give-aways that range from stuffed animals, remote control cars to cell phones we will be giving away....

Tracie and I had a blast yesterday shopping.....

In two different stores people asked us what we were doing and when we began to talk about the project everything came to a halt and people wanted to know if they could come....

In one instance a lady followed us out to the church van and asked more questions and promised to be there with her kids...

After all she said....

I only live a few blocks away......

Yes...........................

Something is changing in me....

For several years I have had the privilege of not having to worry about the details of projects....

But this is changing....

This has become my heartbeat and I am personally involved in it up to my ears....

For weeks we have planned.....

Yesterday we shopped for give-aways...

Today I go buy chicken....

Today I buy the supplies for 700 chicken dinners....

Today I go buy the tank and set up the baptistery we will be using...

Today I replace the amp we blew while preaching in Tall Timbers apartments....

Today I move 40 cases of http://www.gotthirstconroe.com/
water so we will be able to give away 1000 bottles on Saturday...

Today I spend time in prayer for the event...

Today again I ask for his anointing on myself as I speak to the heart of community....

Today I will make the call and ask a good man to do the honors of doing the baptisms....

Today I make sure we have sufficient altar workers....

Today I go back down to the park and spend time praying....

Even as I write this I have tears because I know....

I know, I know, I know...

He is in this and has already dispatched angels and anointing for Saturday.....

CUPC keep praying and working....

Tracie our dreams are coming true....

Jesus please use us....

I know there are hundreds of people who read this blog daily from around the world.....

I humbly ask you to remember us in prayer this week...

Blessings....

rks

No comments: