Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tribute to a Weary Soldier














Veteran's Memorial Hospital...

Room 3b-298...

Soldier Rev Guy C Broadway...

Enlisted 60 years in the Lord's Army...

When I stepped into his room today he held his head just as the soldier pictured here...

Pastor he said...

I think it is about over...

I have fought a good fight....

But my faith is struggling today...

I watched as tears ran down his face....

Pastor, pray that I don't lose the faith right here at the end...

The devil is telling me things.....

I do not want to lose out now.....

Here I am at my weakest and he is attacking...

So I prayed against fear, anxiety, tormenting thoughts and the reality of the enemy's deceptive ways....

And we invoked angels round about the room to guard the old soldier as he rested....

Battle weary at 83 years....

Peace walked into the room....

As I left I stopped at the door I stopped and spoke to what I could not see....

Angels....

I am leaving you in charge of Bro Broadway....

So I left the hospital and made my way to Sis Broadway's side and prayed the same prayer with her at home...

I offer this tribute to the old soldier while he is still in the fight...

He will not need my tribute once he crosses over...

The Lord will offer one then.....

1 comment:

Tracie Smith said...

Ok, babe, this post brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad I was able to be with you today. My buddy, Bro. Broadway truly is a soldier. Though he is a veteran in the natural sense I'm glad he is still fighting the fight spiritually. I do believe we left angels @ the VA and @ their home.