Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Harvest Is Bigger Than Me....












There is no shortage of harvest.....

Again today Tracie and I plunged ourselves.....

Along with a few others from the church into the harvest.....

Folks there is no shortage of harvest....

I have a new conclusion....

The only reason there is no harvest is because there are no laborers.....

I am living proof....

For too many years I have been a professional full time senior pastor that directs the ministries of the church but have kept myself secluded in the magazine office.....

I was not a laborer in the harvest....

Neither was CUPC.....

No longer is this the case.....

I am plunging myself into the harvest.....

As a result I have the revelation.....

There is no shortage of harvest.....

Tomorrow
Tracie and I have 44 personal visitors coming to church.....

I delivered all kinds of cakes and cookies to visitors from last week.....

We will see the New Birth miracle tomorrow......

But with the excitement I find myself dealing with the logistics of the harvest......

And without doubt....

The Harvest Is Bigger Than Me.......

I told my prayer group tonight.....

We are taking on something bigger than we are....

We do not have transportation to facilitate those who wish to come.....

We do not have adequate classrooms for those that are coming...

We do not have adequate teachers and workers to facilitate those that are coming....

We do not have adequate finance to deal with the logistics of this harvest....

I am like the little ant in the picture.....

This harvest is much bigger than me....

It is bigger than CUPC....

But this harvest is not my harvest....

It is His....

So he will provide transportation, classrooms, teachers, workers and finance......

All he wants me to do is to go to work.....

All he wants me to do is drive my van route tomorrow....

All he wants me to do is deliver the gospel message and let the word do its work....

All he wants me to do is deliver more pound cakes and Splenda cookies.....

All he wants me to do is get out into the field....

He will take care of the other issues.....

RKS
cannot carry the harvest....

Tracie cannot carry those cookies.....

But if those cookies need carrying....

Kent and Tracie are gonna go after it.......

The Harvest is Bigger Than Me!!!

But not Him!!!

Blessings...

rks

5 comments:

Gene Holley said...

I love this! The picture is great. He is able when we are overloaded.

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Bless you Bro Holley....

May He send a new soul to you and Sis Karla tommorrow....

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! and Amen!

Karen J. Hopper said...

The scripture says that faith without works is dead but that is not the case for the Smith family - you have the heartbeat of God. Your burden is evident as is your labor. God Bless.

Mark Pryor said...

Great post. Awesome to hear what God is doing in Conroe.