Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Faces of the Park



Faces...

Of people who came to the park....

Faces of people who do not know Jesus....

Faces of .....

Confusion....

Bitterness....

Loneliness...

Addictions

Abuse...

Neglect...

Dependencies....

And scores of other bondages...

Faces from my town...

From my community....

From my park....

Who for a brief moment felt the presence of the eternal one....

The dealers and druggies were in charge of the place Friday night...

Saturday...

Jesus came to the park....

And the people danced in the streets...

We worshipped as several spoke in tongues.....

Angels rejoiced as a husband and wife were baptized...

I shouted and wept....

In the park....

I was overcome with emotion as I watched so many walk from the neighborhood...

Scooters, wheelchairs, bicycles and tennis shoes were the main mode of transportation....

Nearly 500 faces in the park...

Face to face with Him....

The chicken dinners and toys became irrelevant when He came....

One dear lady's reply was this when asked if she wanted chicken....

I'll get chicken when the band stops playing....

Her hands in the air...

Her face beamed with joy in the Park....

This park is my park....

These faces have become my faces....

If I am the angel of the Lord to the city....

Then I am the angel to....

These Faces of the Park....

So this Saturday....

I am going to buy some chocolate pies and go visit some of my new...

Faces of the Park....

Blessings....

rks

1 comment:

River of Life Podcast said...

Awesome think that CUPC is doing, Elder. I'm inspired.