Friday, November 21, 2008

The Day of "The Bishop"




Today, November 21, 2008....

The Bishop came to live at our house....

A follower of this blog read my secret desire and emailed me saying she was a breeder of poodles and had the perfect poodle for me.....

Thank you Debbie for this most wonderful gift....

She emailed me weekly about his progress and today Tracie and I drove to adopt our grandpuppy....

Bishop's first day in the ministry was a taxing one....

He left his cage of five black poodle puppy buddies and went straight to the hospital and then to the doctor's office and then by the rental car place and church....

Then a quick stop by the house where he met his new sister Redonia and then Bishop was off with us to pray with a family that will lose their baby soon if the Lord does not intervene....

Then Bishop went to Impact (college & career) for an outing and back to the church to check on the bible quizzers and now home....

As I began writing this Bishop was laying on my tummy while I typed on the laptop but has since moved and is snuggling on my shoulder behind my neck and is snoring....

Quite a first day for a six week old poodle puppy.....

The AKC papers will read, The Bishop Smith.....

Bishop will be the Puppy Pastor here at CUPC.....

Dewey Pounds a long time member of CUPC has been asking for Puppy Church for years and now his desire is a reality....

Bishop is completely black with three white spots on his chest and when I get his red collar he will look like a bishop in black suit, white shirt and red tie....

Fine Puppy Pastor Bishop will be.....

I intend to teach Bishop how to preach and take offerings......

Then when Bishop learns all his Poodle Puppy Pastor responsibilities....

I will teach him to blog.....

rks

15 comments:

Misti Ferguson said...

He is such a cute boy! Thanks for letting him come visit Caesar!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

I hope he didn't try to beat Caesar up...

Misti Ferguson said...

Unfortunately, Caesar let him know who the "big" dog in the house was! King Caesar was then banished to the bedroom by his loyal subjects for his lack of respect for the ministry (we really didn't have room for bears in the house!)LOL He has promised to send Bishop his tithes...

Carrie Blair said...

lololololol that is hilarious!!!! Bishop really is a cutie pie.

KAN said...

I noticed that Sis Blair didn't add that her dog will be paying tithes...

I guess I must add that I have cats that are "independents"...

What can I say...

Tracie Smith said...

We do not want dog or cat tithes!!! Normally animal tithes is in the form of 'offspring'. Pastor was REALLY pushing it to add Bishop to MY list of duties. Already today I have been picking up doggy blankets, toys, and food. Atleast we haven't had an 'accident' to date....

Trent Smith said...

Since Bishop is Doggy Pastor I guess this means that Roxy (the boxer) wil be his assistant. Calah and I are looking forward to a raise now since Roxy will now be on payroll.

Misti Ferguson said...

Don't worry, Sis. S...Caesar is "incapable" of giving that kind of tithes! However, he does enjoy catching the occasional fly or any other bug that ventures into Casa de Ferguson....so....

Mandy said...

Okay will he stay little? He's really cute and if they stayed little I'd want one right now!!!

Tracie Smith said...

Mandy, he should grow to about 5 lbs. He is a cute but.....he just wet my carpet so he is in trouble! Actually, it's his first accident so he's not too bad! lol

Linda Elms said...

AHHH! I've been wanting another puppy, but my husband said NO! By the way, I LOVE POODLES! Bishop is really cute.

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

I'll let you hold Bishop some day....

Karen J. Hopper said...

How adorable Bishop is. BTW Bro Smith, if you are going to teach him to preach and take offerings, why not let teach him to sing too?

Jana Allard said...

Awwwww, toooo cute!!!!

Unknown said...

My mother refuses to let Puppy CUPC expand its ministries to Spanish Puppy CUPC... I guess that means we are going to have to bring in a bilingual puppy from somewhere else to meet the needs of our puppy congregation...