Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Young Reverend & Wife



Last evening the daughter n law Calah asked me why there was not a pic of her on my blog....

I was ashamed of myself....

I am proud of Trent & Calah....

They are serving here at CUPC in several capacities and will be going to meet the Texas District Board for credentials in 2009....

The hand of the Lord is upon them and this dad's heart is excited for their future....

Trent started preaching very young...

The first time was around 10 and as a young teenager he was asked to preach several times...

At 15 he spoke at a sectional rally and more invitations began to come....

At this point this dad said no more until you are ready.....

So from 15 to 21 I have not allowed him to preach here...

I did not want him to get caught up in developing a ministry before he had time to mature and develop himself....

Oh I know that in the time lapse he probably did not develop as much behind the pulpit as he could have....

Pastors would call and ask for him to preach and I never told Trent of the invitations...

But this preacher daddy wanted the lad to be able to make full proof of his ministry and to not let immaturity and normal teenage antics take away from his future...

He spoke for CUPC Sunday night while I was gone to the general conference...

I saw the video of it last week....

I am pleased with where he and his wife are today.....

But I am more excited for what I see him becoming as a man and minister....

I will never regret making him wait...

I will never regret not pushing him.....

However...

His submission to this process is the true secret of his future....

I am proud of you T & C.....

Dear Old Dad....

5 comments:

Linda Weldon said...

You are not the only one who is extremely proud of Bro. Trent and Sis. Calah. They are very special to me and I love them both dearly - they will always be in my prayers. Sis. Weldon

Misti Ferguson said...

They are an awesome couple! We are blessed to have them at CUPC...I love the growth I see in them both!

Deadra Backhus said...

I too am very proud of Mr. Rev. & Mrs. Smith!!! They are very special to me & my family. Calah, I must love you more....you made it to my blog before Bro. Smith's....lol....teasing. Love you both very much!!!

Just a thought said...

My friend your comment close to the end is a key that I fear some will never grasp, "His submission to this process is the true secret of his future...."
Of late I have met some young men who have NO IDEA of the process of submission.
God bless a wise pastor and father!!

Mervi

Carrie Blair said...

They are sooo cute and effective in the kingdom!