Saturday, November 8, 2008

Golf Story





Golfers never lie.....

Yesterday Texas Bible College held its annual golf tournament benefiting the scholarship fund....

My team was myself,Bro. Gary Carter, Bro Pitts, Bro Nate Lawrence for the scramble....

Here's the unembellished story......

Diboll golf course hole #9 was the long drive hole....

Lawrence, Pitts and RKS chili dipped and Gary Carter got his first good drive of the day and setting the record for the contest.....

Pitts and I couldn't stand watching him sign the flag and move the marker so we drove back up to the tee box and bought $50 worth of mulligans and started driving until we beat Carter....

As he was moving the maker Pitts hit a ball that landed and rolled right by Carter as he walked....haha

Carter just looked and shook his head and kept walking and set the flag for Pitts.....hahaha

Then on the closest to the pin shot at #17 all four of us hit the ball three times and nobody was on the green.....

Ball number 13 was RKS and it sat down six foot from the pin!!!!!

The fairway looked like an Easter egg hunt!!!

I won!!!

Nothing like honest golf and $100 worth of mulligans....

But the good part was at the club house when the awards were passed out....

Pitts got a Callaway Heavenwood hybrid driver for the long shot....

I got a Odessy White Steel putter (pictured above) for the closest to the pin.....

The mulligan award was a hoot.....

Our team won the mulligan award ($100 no shame or pride) and so Pitts and I felt the Bro Carter had earned the award so we gave him the award....

A great big bag of used golf balls....hahahahahahahahh

I look forward to seeing the pic of me & Pitts holding out new clubs with cheesy smiles and Bro Carter holding his big bag of used golf balls......

Now for the putter....

I don't need it but Dad has a brand new Callaway driver that doesn't work for him and Dad likes my new putter.....


Please pray that my father will not be so stingy and will consent to trading his $300 driver for my $100 free putter......




That all said....

TBC is a wonderful institution and I appreciate what it has done for our family....

I trust that I can be a blessing back to the college....

Particularly I want to be a blessing to those men who selflessly serve there....

If you are a reader of this blog and want to be a blessing please consider blessing the men who serve there with an opportunity to minister or a good offering....

Blessings...

rks

No comments: