Sunday, November 9, 2008

No Man An Island


400 years ago John Donne penned these famous words....

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.


They still ring true...

No man is an island unto himself....

We each are but a small part of a much larger picture....

We need each other...

After spending a few days away at the General Conference and then this week being at Texas Bible College...

I am reminded of our need for the body....

Isolation and loneliness are the greatest killers of Apostolic ministers...

We need each other...

Divide & Conquer is the age old tactic of our enemy....

But if I can get to a brother....

If a sister can connect with a sister.....

If one can put 1,000 to flight and 2 can put 10,000...

How many devils can a host of Apostolic ministers and their wives defeat....

We need each other....

I am thankful for the new unity I am sensing amid the United Pentecostal Church....

A united United Pentecostal Church is a guaranteed Maalox Moment for the devil....

Brothers & Sisters following this blog....

Reach out to another man or woman of God this week and unite with them....

We need each other...

Together we are better and stronger.....


Blessings...

rks

3 comments:

Linda Elms said...

AMEN! I know what you speak of. We need our friends and other ministers and wives. Thanks for this post.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Perfectly said - "We do need each other".

Mark Pryor said...

AWESOME post. As I was reading this, my phne rang and my friends the Allards were making lunch arrangements for this weekend. Thank God for friends...