Thursday, November 6, 2008

Post Election Email to CUPC

Dear Church Family,

The election has come and gone. Some are disappointed and others happy. Such is the case with politics. Should the Lord choose to await his return, we will all see another election cycle. Early this morning I blogged my initial thoughts concerning the events in our nation yesterday and last evening. For those interested,
A New President


Tanya Bumgartner sent us this note earlier today. As you know she is married to Eddie who is a physician and they reside in Chicago. Tanya is also a Russian citizen with a permanent residency here in the USA. I share it with you.

Tatyana said...
I am very disappointed with America's choice.... but you are right, Sis. Smith, life will go on. I live a block away Grant Park in Chicago, where Obama had his party. Although Eddie and I did not physically go there, we could hear the fans' voices on the 27th floor of our apartment. It brought tears to my eyes to realize that 250,000 people outside were dancing and screaming for what they thought was hope... It brought tears to my eyes that they look for hope in the wrong place. I know they will be disappointed to substitute God and conservative values for the person they have elected. He cannot give us hope. Conservatives are such a minority in the city of Chicago and I know what they will be thinking today - criticizing us as those who "cling to religion". But they did it in the time of Jesus, even when He was on the cross, asking Him to save Himself if He was God. I know there will be disappointed because people are looking for hope in the wrong place... I pray that when the disappointment comes, this country will turn back to God.I pray for the Republican Party today. I am not a US citizen and could not vote but I am a republican in my views. And I pray that the Republican Party stands up for our conservative values more so than they have these last few years. The time for compromise is gone. Tanya

I simply wish to remind you that whomever is our leader
· The Lord sets them in position
· We as christians and citizens must remain christian
· We must pray for our country regardless of those who lead
· The church is HIS and HIS alone and we will continue to pursue him with our whole hearts
· Lastly HIS power, grace and mercy are still available to all who ask

Please understand my note today is not for or against a candidate but rather to remind each of us that indeed Jesus Christ is Lord of all and that if he is not Lord of All then HE is not Lord at all. I look forward to seeing each of you tonight in service.

Blessings…pastor

No comments: